Halloween Fun and Safety Tips
Halloween is a fun night for excited little ghouls and goblins. Let’s help keep them safe with these 10 simple safety tips:
1. Keep vision unobstructed and only use masks that fit properly around the eyes.
2. A parent should carefully examine all treats received and discard all unwrapped or
3. Proper footwear should be worn to help prevent tripping or slipping.
4. Costumes should be flame resistant.
5. Kids should walk – not run – on the sidewalks.
6. Kids should cross streets at corners and designated crosswalks.
7. A parent, or trusted adult, should be out with younger kids. Older kids going out
without an adult should stay with their group of friends at all times.
8. Children should never enter a stranger’s house.
9. Set a time limit and a previously confirmed route for older kids.
10. Have Fun!
For homeowners and other occupiers of property who will be inviting children to trick-or-treat on their premises, keep at least one porch light on, ensure all driveways and pathways are clear from any tripping or slipping hazards and do not obstruct any steps for the trick-or-treaters going to or from your designated “candy door”.
For those who will be driving an automobile on Halloween night, slow down, ensure your vehicle’s headlights are on, keep proper lookout and watch out for the little monsters roaming about.
These are just some general tips to help ensure Halloween is a safe – and fun – one for you and your family.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Ottawa can help you with your personal injury claim.